Monday, January 21, 2008

A better rechargeable battery?

If you're like me and have grown weary of swapping out other rechargeable batteries or worse still using disposable regular AA or AAA batteries in your gear this will hopefully offer a solution. Sanyo's Eneloop rechargeable batteries are one solution that I'm currently testing as a way out of my current battery woes. I found that a number of different big name brand rechargeables don't seem to hold a charge terribly well and for a short period I was stuck using Duracell disposables. When they finally gave up I purchased a package of Eneloop's after reading some commentary on the web regarding their performance. Basically Sanyo has developed a brand of rechargeable battery that offers the following claims:

  • Longer life with slower drain
  • No memory effect meaning that you don't end up with rechargeables that need to be thrown away in less than a year
  • Ability to use any quality NimH charger to recharge the batteries.
So far so good - I'll keep you updated with how well the Eneloop's hold up over time.

Digg It!