Thursday, October 25, 2007

Top iPod touch questions

Here are my answers to the two most common questions I get about my iPod touch are:

  • How is the battery life?
Battery life in my experience has tracked fairly closely to Apple's specs which are LINK. Time will tell how well it holds up, since I'm a heavy user logging about 1.25 hours a day using my iPod while commuting so I'll give an update after 3 and 6 months of use.

  • What is it like to type on the touch?
Ok on to question number two - typing on the touch. I've types the last two posts on my touch as a test. I will say that its usable and not as fast as a full Qwerty keyboard Blackberry but is comparable in speed and word recognition to a Suretype based Blackberry Pearl.

My biggest complaint about using the keyboard on iPhone and iPod touch is that it needs to be able to enable the accelerometer to support rotating the screen to the horizontal position so that you have a larger keyboard to work.

Drop me an email with any other touch questions.

Digg It!