Friday, October 19, 2007

Prepping for Leopard - Only a week to go!



Okay, its only a week to go before Leopard hits the street at 6pm!

Have you pre-ordered your copy? I'll admit I have a copy on the way and will be getting the discounted version since I recently upgraded to a Macbook Pro from the white Macbook I'd been using for the past year. Hopefully, the web orders will ship in time to arrive for next Friday. Although, if you're near an Apple store and don't qualify for either the education discount or have bought a Mac that qualifies (in the past month) and you want the full fanboy experience you may want to line-up supposed free Leopard t-shirts are being handed out to an early number of buyers.
If you need a fix Apple has posted a guided tour that covers the key features watch it here

Alright time to talk about getting prepared. The following are some useful links that I've encountered in thinking about prepping my machine (since it was a migration of my previous OSX image from my Macbook).

  1. Start with this article from MacWorld
  2. Next I'd move on to reading this set of tips from Lifehacker
  3. A great post about cleaning up your hard drive
  4. My starting advice would be to back-up you Mac to an external drive using SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner.

Digg It!